Every client Fried & Bonder represents is important. Whether our client has been catastrophically injured, deceived in a business deal or subjected to discrimination at work, our approach is the same: treat our client with dignity and solve the problem. The results speak for themselves. Over $48,000,000.00 recovered in verdicts, judgments and settlements. And for our defense clients, our approach and our results are the same – class actions defeated, high exposure claims resolved for nominal sums, and summary judgments obtained. It is not always the dollar amount that makes a case attractive to Fried & Bonder. Each case is unique because of what’s at stake – the quality of life of our clients, their families and their businesses. Below are just some of the results the attorneys at Fried & Bonder have achieved over the years.
OVER $48,000,000.00 recovered in pursuit of full compensation for our clients who have been injured, discriminated against or treated unfairly:
Business Litigation Client Success Stories:
- $12 Million Settlement for Minority Shareholder in Breach of Contract Case.
- $11 Million Dollar Judgment for Victims of Securities Fraud.
- $3.25 Million Settlement for Victims of Fraud in Sale of Business.
- $2.2 million Judgment for Victim of Conman.
- $2 Million Settlement for Consultant Stiffed by Clothes Manufacturer.
- $1.4 Million Dollar Judgment on Hotel Related Guaranty.
- $700,000.00 Settlement for Atlanta Business Owner in Contract and IP Dispute.
- $450,000.00 Settlement for business in negligence action against third party administrator.
- Confidential Settlement for Local Medical Device Entrepreneurs Wronged By Fortune 100 Company.
- RICO Claim Confidentially Settled for Three Times Actual Damages.
Personal Injury Client Success Stories:
- $5.5 Million Dollar Verdict for Victim of Medical Malpractice.
- $4.5 Million Dollar Judgment for Severely Injured Passenger Riding Along in Commercial Vehicle.
- $625,000.00 Settlement in Scaffolding Failure Case.
- $475,000.00 Settlement for Doctor’s Failure to Diagnose.
- $463,500.00 Settlement for Botched Sinus Surgery.
- $320,000.00 Settlement for Victim of Drunk Driver.
- $325,000.00 Settlement for Bus Crash Victims.
- $300,000.00 Pre-Litigation Settlement of Drunk Driving Claim.
- $290,000.00 Pre-Litigation Settlement for Herpes Infection.
- $275,000.00 Settlement for Sexual Assault Victim
- $250,000.00 Settlement in Disputed Car Wreck Case Based on “Black Box” Data.
- $150,000.00 Settlement in Bed Bugs Infestation Case.
- $125,000.00 Settlement of Negligence Claim Against Shipping Company.
Employment Litigation Client Success Stories:
- $300,000.00 Verdict for Employee Denied Salary and Ownership.
- $299,000.00 Settlement for Long-Time Employee Subjected to Disability Discrimination.
- $175,000.00 Settlement for Former Employee Denied Promised Ownership.
- $154,000.00 Judgment for Broker Shorted on Commissions.
- $150,000.00 Settlement for African-American Passed Over for Promotion.
- $150,000.00 Settlement for Unpaid Commissions
- $140,000 Settlement for Salesman Subjected to Racial Harassment and Retaliation.
- $130,000.00 Settlement for Salesperson Bilked Out of Commissions.
- $130,000.00 Pre-Litigation Settlement for Male Victim of Sexual Harassment.
- $130,000.00 for White Supervisor Fired For Opposing Employer’s Discriminatory Practices.
- $125,000.00 to Female Employee Groped by Boss on Business Trip.
- $103,500.00 to Improperly Classified Salesperson.
- $100,000.00 Judgment for School Teachers Denied Pay.
- $65,000.00 Settlement for Victim of Age and National Origin Discrimination.
- $62,000.00 Settlement to Tire Tech for Unpaid Overtime.
- $60,000.00 to Litigation Support Rep for Unpaid Overtime.
- $45,000.00 for Victim of Pregnancy Discrimination.
Millions more in alleged damages saved in defense of our clients:
Election Fraud Averted. The firm successfully represented over 100 members of an international hotel owner’s association for election irregularities. The Directors sought to remain in office by canceling elections. This case was handled on an emergency basis, covered by local newspapers as well as nationally in hospitality related periodicals. The final hearing was before a courtroom so full that there was standing room only with many interested parties forced to wait outside. The firm was successful in forcing the elections to proceed.
$750,000 Demand Resolved For Nominal Amount. The firm obtained a very favorable result for a large international textile manufacture. The dispute with its international sales representative involved substantial questions of international law, a parallel civil action in Korea, and a concurrent appeal pending in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Through the use of interpreters, multiple mediations, and a very aggressive and active motions practice, this case was resolved for a small fraction of the demand.
Texas Putative Class Action Defeated. Fried & Bonder successfully defeated a class action brought against its client, a Georgia publicly traded credit card and check processor, in the U.S. District Court for Texas. The class alleged that the Client charged unreasonable fees on checks returned for insufficient funds. Under the laws of several states, such charges are restricted to a “reasonable fee.” Fried & Bonder twice moved to dismiss the class and opposed class certification. In a detailed ruling, the District Court dismissed the action with prejudice, which is extraordinary relief for a class claim at this stage.
Invalid Restrictive Covenant Stricken. When our client was sued for allegedly violating restrictive covenants, we told the other side the covenants didn’t hold water. They persisted in trying to interrupt business and extract a payment. We persisted too. The case was thrown out on summary judgment.
Summary Judgment to Former Employee Sued for Stealing Trade Secrets. Once again, when a former employer came after our client accusing her of stealing trade secrets, we demanded proof. When we filed our summary judgment motion, they dismissed the case.